2 minute read
2018 Spring Conference: Invest in Minds Not Missiles
March 29, 2018
The FLI Team
On Saturday April 7th and Sunday morning April 8th, MIT and Massachusetts Peace Action will co-host a conference and workshop at MIT on understanding and reducing the risk of nuclear war. Tickets are free for students. To attend, please register here.
- Continuing Dangers from Nuclear Weapons
- International Initiatives Toward Disarmament
- Joseph Gerson, Hon. John Tierney, Charles Knight, Chuck Johnson, Jim Anderson (Chair).
- Political Initiatives
- John Tierney, Medea Benjamin, Kristina Romines, Jonathan King, Andrea Miller (Chair).
- Campus Organizing for Peace & Justice: What Works? What Doesn’t? Where Next?
- Campus Peace leaders including Caitlin Forbes (Mass Peace Action), Kate Alexander (Peace Action of NY), Eric Stolar (Fordham), Luisa Kenausis (MIT).
- Actions for the Coming Period: Shout Heard Round the World
- Michelle Cunha, Poor Peoples 40 Day Campaign (Paul Johnson), Peace for Koreans (Mike Vanelzakker), Cole Harrison (Chair).
- Resisting the Trillion dollar Nuclear Weapons Escalation
- Congressional Budget-Civilian vs Pentagon
- Don’t Bank on the Bomb Divestment Campaigns
- Preventing Nuclear Weapons Use
- Lisbeth Gronlund, Dr. Kea van der Ziel, Prof. Elaine Scarry, Shelagh Foreman, Jerold Ross (Chair).
Sunday Morning Planning Breakfast
Student-led session to design and implement programs enhancing existing campus groups, and organizing new ones; extending the network to campuses in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
For more information, contact Jonathan King at <email@example.com>, or call 617-354-2169
If you enjoyed this, you also might like:
December 8, 2022
December 1, 2022
October 20, 2022