Discussion About the Asilomar AI Principles
Click on any of the articles below to join the discussions
Rules for Discussion
We want to encourage discussion of all principles, but please abide by the following rules to keep the discussion focused and friendly:
Users should adhere to a code of conduct in which the discussion remains civil, helpful, and constructive. Users should only post comments or questions that they would also make in person, in a professional public setting, such as a classroom or seminar hall.
Posts that do not contribute to constructive discussion will not be approved or will be removed. In particular, posts must be appropriate for an academic workplace; that is, comments should not contain language or content that is:
- Rude or disrespectful;
- Combative or overly aggressive;
- Unpleasant or offensive by common workplace standards;
- Targeted at individuals, rather than at arguments or ideas.
To enable useful discussions, posts should also not contain language or content that is:
- Outside of the scope of the forum topic;
- Overly repetitive, including comments repeated in multiple forums;
- Incomprehensible or extremely lengthy;
- Commercial in nature.
We will not accept comments that have promotions/links to personal blogs. We will not accept comments that do not address the topic of the post in a scientific and rational manner. We value a variety of opinions so please feel free to disagree, just do so politely.