Rules for Discussion
We want to encourage discussion of all principles, but please abide by the following rules to keep the discussion focused and friendly:
Users should adhere to a code of conduct in which the discussion remains civil, helpful, and constructive. Users should only post comments or questions that they would also make in person, in a professional public setting, such as a classroom or seminar hall.
Posts that do not contribute to constructive discussion will not be approved or will be removed. In particular, posts must be appropriate for an academic workplace; that is, comments should not contain language or content that is:
- Rude or disrespectful;
- Combative or overly aggressive;
- Unpleasant or offensive by common workplace standards;
- Targeted at individuals, rather than at arguments or ideas.
To enable useful discussions, posts should also not contain language or content that is:
- Outside of the scope of the forum topic;
- Overly repetitive, including comments repeated in multiple forums;
- Incomprehensible or extremely lengthy;
- Commercial in nature.
We will not accept comments that have promotions/links to personal blogs. We will not accept comments that do not address the topic of the post in a scientific and rational manner. We value a variety of opinions so please feel free to disagree, just do so politely.