https://futureoflife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/miri_horizontal_1000px-e1447624329777.png 284 900 Rob Bensinger https://futureoflife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FLI_logo-1.png Rob Bensinger2017-06-24 06:31:552017-06-24 06:33:29MIRI’s June 2017 Newsletter
- A new AI Impacts paper: “When Will AI Exceed Human Performance?” News coverage at Digital Trends and MIT Technology Review.
- New at IAFF: Cooperative Oracles; Jessica Taylor on the AAMLS Agenda; An Approach to Logically Updateless Decisions
- Our 2014 technical agenda, “Agent Foundations for Aligning Machine Intelligence with Human Interests,” is now available as a book chapter in the anthology The Technological Singularity: Managing the Journey.
News and links
- From MIT Technology Review: “Why Google’s CEO Is Excited About Automating Artificial Intelligence.”
- A new alignment paper from researchers at Australian National University and DeepMind: “Reinforcement Learning with a Corrupted Reward Channel.”
- New from OpenAI: Baselines, a tool for reproducing reinforcement learning algorithms.
- The Future of Humanity Institute and Centre for the Future of Intelligence join the Partnership on AI alongside twenty other groups.
- New AI safety job postings include research roles at the Future of Humanity Institute and the Center for Human-Compatible AI, as well as a UCLA PULSE fellowship for studying AI’s potential large-scale consequences and appropriate preparations and responses.