Current Job Postings
Job Description: The Future of Life Institute is hiring a Website Manager to develop, maintain and update our website content and constantly improve the User Experience of the website.
Hours: Full-time equivalent, flexible hours.
Contract Type: Consultancy.
Compensation: $25-$35 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Create appropriate website content aligned with the organization’s mission
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s website
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings, engagement and other SEO aspects
- Identify, assemble, and manage teams of external designers, web developers, and other vendors, as needed.
- A strong interest in technology and existential risk
- Excited by the prospect of joining a small but very influential team looking to improve humanity’s future
- Expert knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent content creation and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices and experience with SEO reporting
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Idealistic, self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, industrious, and generally capable.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- An ability to work independently and quickly, with a proactive work-ethic. Physical location is largely immaterial but willingness to travel to occasional events is important. Though the website manager will work closely with the outreach team, the position requires an ability to work geographically separate from the rest of the team, as well as an ability to manage one’s time responsibly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience as a website manager
- UX/UI experience a plus
- Basic graphic design skills and a keen sense of aesthetics
Stage 1: Visit this page, upload your CV and respond to the following prompts:
- What do you think about existential risk?
- What’s one thing you think FLI could be doing better on its website? Be specific.
Deadline: Rolling applications until the position is filled.