- New at IAFF: An Untrollable Mathematician
- New at AI Impacts: 2015 FLOPS Prices
- We presented “Incorrigibility in the CIRL Framework” at the AAAI/ACM Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society.
- From MIRI researcher Scott Garrabrant: Sources of Intuitions and Data on AGI
News and links
- In “Adversarial Spheres,” Gilmer et al. investigate the tradeoff between test error and vulnerability to adversarial perturbations in many-dimensional spaces.
- Recent posts on Less Wrong: Critch on “Taking AI Risk Seriously” and Ben Pace’s background model for assessing AI x-risk plans.
- “Solving the AI Race“: GoodAI is offering prizes for proposed responses to the problem that “key stakeholders, including [AI] developers, may ignore or underestimate safety procedures, or agreements, in favor of faster utilization”.
- The Open Philanthropy Project is hiring research analysts in AI alignment, forecasting, and strategy, along with generalist researchers and operations staff.
This newsletter was originally posted on MIRI’s website.