Frequently Asked Questions
Conferences and workshops
- The Future of AI: Opportunities and Challenges: FLI’s first AI conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico (Jan 2, 2015).
- Algorithms Among Us – The Societal Impacts of Machine Learning: NIPS symposium co-organized and sponsored by FLI (Dec 10, 2015).
- AI, Ethics and Society: AAAI workshop co-organized by FLI, with grant winners presenting (Feb 13, 2016).
- Elon Musk donates $10M to keep AI beneficial: Press release for Elon Musk’s donation and grants program (Jan 15, 2015).
- Request for proposals, FAQ, Timeline: materials for the 2015 international grants competition – now closed (Jan 22, 2015).
- New International Grants Program Jump-Starts Research to Ensure AI Remains Beneficial: Press release about FLI grant program results (Jul 1, 2015).
- 2015 Grants Recommended for Funding: FLI grant awardees listing (Jul 1, 2015).
- Research priorities for robust and beneficial AI: A summary of the research areas covered by our grants program.
- A survey of research questions for robust and beneficial AI: A collection of example projects and research questions within each area.
- AI Open Letter: An open letter on maximizing the societal benefits of AI (Jan 11, 2015).
- Digital Economy Open Letter: An open letter by a team of economists about AI’s future impact on the economy. It includes specific policy suggestions to ensure positive economic impact. (Jun 4, 2015)
- Autonomous Weapons Open Letter: An open letter from AI and robotics researchers urging a ban on offensive autonomous weapons beyond meaningful human control (Jul 28, 2015).